Okah Brothers Sue GEJ For #5 Billion




"He tried bribing us with $1m cash," Okah brothers say, as they sue GEJ for N5bn

Days after former president Goodluck Jonathan, in a statement by his media aide, Ikechukwu Eze, accused them of planning to assassinate him, Henry and Charles Okah, who are currently facing trials in S. Africa and Nigerian respectively, have slammed a N5bn lawsuit against him and his media aide, for allegedly breaching their fundamental right to fair hearing.

Charles Okah, also corroborated the recent claims of Cynthia Whyte, the spokesperson of the Reformed Niger Delta Avengers (RNDA), a splinter group from the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA), that GEJ is the founder of NDA and that he tried bribing the brothers to help lobby the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) to endorse his 2nd term ambition.

Charles Okah, in a statement released by his solicitor, Timipa Jenkins Okponipere Esq., in a statement, last night, was quoted as saying: “I can aconfirm that the RNDA account by Cynthia Whyte is correct. I was visited in Kuje Prison Abuja at night around November 2014 by people (names withheld) from GEJ to convey a message to MEND to endorse him.

In exchange for our cooperation, the sum of $1m was offered in mint cash. I was shown the money. They promised that the trumped-up charges against my co-accused Obi Nwabueze and I will be dropped, and that Edmund Ebiware, convicted to life imprisonment would be given a Presidential pardon, while there will be no government interference in influencing the outcome of my brother’s Appeal in S. Africa.
Few days later, I contacted my brother Henry and briefed him about the visit. After listening to me, he immediately rejected the proposal in its entirety, disdained the conditional offer for our release, and the $1m bribe, saying we will not sell our birth right for a bowl of porridge.

Henry then told me to brace-up myself for another 4 years in prison should GEJ get a 2nd term. He believed that God will take care of our families. He then directed me to appeal to MEND to endorse Buhari, a preferred choice and damn the consequences."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TWO MAJOR FACTORS THAT HAS MADE RWANDA THE GIANT OF AFRICA

Wow, PMB Agrees To Fund GEJ Government's Job Initiative, YouWin

Oduah - EFCC didn’t find N2.5bn In My Maid’s Account