Audu Maikori Shared This On his Facebook Page


I can't pretend that this fuel increase doesn't bother me- it does and it does bother me a lot. I am a proponent of removal of subsidy it's just that I believe that timing is everything. Even a good thing can be bad if improperly timed. Now it's probably the worst time to have done this. I don't know about you but this year has been very tough! I speak as an employer of Labour and also an employee myself and business has been very tough ( again I don't know about you) .

I won't bore you with indicators such as job cuts across banks, FMCGs, telcos and other manufacturing companies... At last count it's running into 25,000 job cuts in Lagos alone! But rather I want to zoom into the plight of low earning staff who will have to pay twice the price to transport themselves to work and back, their children's feeding and transportation and ofcourse pay more as tariffs for Electricity which is virtually nonexistent- I gave one of my interns a task to do and he came back the following day and said he couldn't complete it becos they had no electricity...and I couldn't fault him- that is the plight of many of our people ... But just as one is trying to " gird his economic loins" this bombshell of fuel price increase drops and I was just speechless... Speechless because it means our workers will have to pay more for everything as fuel in Nigeria affects everything -food, clothes, electricity ( Petrol generators) , transportation and ultimately with no corresponding increase in salaries -the very mental and physical health of our people.
I won't say pray for Nigeria, this one pass prayer...But no doubt if the people are pushed to the wall it's only a matter of time something has to give....

The removal of the subsidy was inevitable but I just wished it was delayed until local refineries were sorted, the budget /money had circulated into the system, power generation was suitably improved so that the effects wouldn't be that harsh on our people....

I just wish.......

I agree with him, do u?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TWO MAJOR FACTORS THAT HAS MADE RWANDA THE GIANT OF AFRICA

Wow, PMB Agrees To Fund GEJ Government's Job Initiative, YouWin

Oduah - EFCC didn’t find N2.5bn In My Maid’s Account