Yemi Fetch - 'I was once rejected in church because of my beards'




According to this Facebook user, Yemi Fetch picture above, he was asked to stop being a worker in his church because he refused to shave his beards. Read his experience below ....

"I was once rejected in church because of these beards of mine. Shave it or forget about being a worker" they said. As obstinate as I was, I knew I wasn't going to let anyone define me by my look, so I left for good. You see, the church is an institution, and every institution has a system in place -- a system of control.
Members are expected to devote themselves to the system and abide by the rules. But I hate rules. I felt Christianity should guarantee freedom from discrimination. I was wrong. I expected too much. The church is a place where you're assessed before being assigned a seat, respect is based on social standing and you dare not open your mouth to question authority. But I've moved on. After all, Jesus didn't die so I could become a member of a church. So I say, to hell with the system they put in place to control minds. To hell with their expectations of what a Christian should look like. To hell with religion. Yeah, sometimes I feel the need to enter a serene place for worship, especially when I need to converse with my soul. It could be a mosque, church or even shrine....you see, the universe pays attention to the yearning of the soul without asking for religious affiliation. ‪#‎Sundayschool‬

My take - as a worker in the church you should look neat, but sending him away and stopping him from working in the church is wrong if you ask....But then again every church with their rules and regulations...if what he narrated is what really happened then i think the church was wrong, they should have called him to a corner,try and talk to him with love and  make him see reasons why he should shave his beards and make it look neat, but if they were asking him to take it off totally (even me i will not do such). Because you beards does not define you heart or service to God...I think i have said more than enough, lemme keep the rest for another day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TWO MAJOR FACTORS THAT HAS MADE RWANDA THE GIANT OF AFRICA

Wow, PMB Agrees To Fund GEJ Government's Job Initiative, YouWin

Oduah - EFCC didn’t find N2.5bn In My Maid’s Account